|Black Seed Health Benefits - Published Reports
Published Scientific Reports confirm that Black Seed has an astounding array of health benefits, including:
- Increases immune function.
~ U.S. Patents Sections, Antiviral Agents Bulletin #5,482,711
- Black seed stimulates bone marrow and immune cells and raises the interferon production, protects normal cells against cell destroying effects of viruses, destroys tumor cells and raises the number of anti-bodies producing B cells.
~ Cancer Immuno-biology Laboratory ,South Carolina
- Black seed contains valuable unsaturated fatty acids, for example Linoleic and Gammalinolen acids get into the organism. By that it possible to reach a synthesis of important immune regulating substances derived as from Prostaglandin E1. Linoleic acid stabilizes the cell membranes and Prostaglandin has the effect of inhibiting inflammation. By that the immune reactions are stopped which cause the illnesses and which otherwise could be the start of many chronic illnesses like acne and hayfever right up to cancer.
~ Dr. Peter Schleicher Immunologist, Munich, Germany
- Black seed proves to have an ant histamine, ant-oxidant, anti-biotic, anti-mycotic and broncho-dilating effect.
~ Study of Black seed oil on humans, American Scientists
- Black seed is truly a remarkable herb that has been used for over 3000 years. It contains over 100 valuable components. It is a significant source of essential fatty acids, proteins, carbohydrates and other vitamins and minerals. " The seeds are also rich in sterols, especially beta-sitosterol, which is known to have anticarcinogenic activity".
~ Dr. Michael Tierra L.AC. O.M.D
- Black seed tests prove to be genuine universal remedy.
~ Pharmaceutical newspaper, Wissenschaftlicher Text
- Black seed is a valuable source of protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, C and niacin as well as minerals such as calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, selenium, and zinc.
~ Phytochemicals of Nigella sativa seeds. Food Chemistry
The above was taken from www.sweetsunnah.com
Other Benefits Include:
- Improves kidney function
- Promotes regulation of blood pressure
- Promotes detoxification of the liver
- Promotes the secretion or expulsion of phlegm, mucus, or other matter from the respiratory tract, including the treatment of bronchial asthma (expectorant)
- Stimulates the production of perspiration
- Promotes meses in women
- Promotes the increase of milk production in nursing mothers
- Induces the expulsion of gas from the stomach and intestines (carminative)
- Has been found to increase sperm count in men
- Promotes the expulsion of intestinal parasites
- Promotes digestion and elimination